Sunday, February 20, 2011

Pete and I decided to do a practice run at this whole pack-essentially-everything-you'll-need-for-a-month-of-backpacking-through-the-western-balkans. Here's what I came up with:















It may not look like a lot, but it definitely fills up my pack. I, of course, left out some things (underwear, bathroom stuff) 'cause no one wants to see that. But that stuff fits in, and that's what matters.

The Plan? Budapest to Zagreb . . . and then on to the route in red (I have no idea where roads are, so this is just a guess).





4 comments:

  1. Wow. That's a lot of walking. Good luck. Take lots of pictures. Looking at your pictures will be as close as I get to doing something like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Im so freaking jealous I just cant stand it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my goodness you are so much braver than me!! so when you say backpacking does that mean you're going to be hitchhiking at all? well I'm sure you will have a blast! i went to Croatia with my class in 13th grade and it was the funnest trip I ever took. I would love to go to Greece some day! anyway, have fun!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Zagreb?! That is so cool. Will served his mission in Croatia. I'm so excited for ya'll. Makes me want to drop everything I'm doing and just pack my bag and travel. You motivate me, Kimmy!

    ReplyDelete